Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Locks


Hi All!  I walked into the small town of Cascade Locks this morning.  I took the Eagle Creek alternate route for the last 16 miles which many thru-hikers prefer to the official PCT due to the spectacular series of water-falls.  Here's a couple of cool videos:





Tomorrow I'll walk across the Bridge of the Gods which spans the Columbia River and into Washington!! 

Oregon was an interesting walk.  There were many places where the official PCT followed rather dry and uninspired country so I occasionally took alternate routes such as the Oregon Skyline Trail to either get closer to water or to avoid snow.  The snow and mosquitoes also made the trip challenging at times and there were many places on the trail where there were few sweeping views but rather mile after mile of thick forest without respite.   However for all the various down-sides of the Oregon trail there were some really special places that made up for all the rest.  Crater Lake, Jefferson Park, Mt. Hood, and Eagle Creek were all spectacular and I'm so grateful to have seen them. 

Anyway, I'd write more but I don't have much time left on this computer.  Here's some pictures from the last couple of weeks:



Greg and Franz in the Marbles

Marbles

Greg, Franz, Me at Seiad Valley


Oregon Border



Me and Nate Leaving Hwy 140






Nate AKA "Ghost"





Crater Lake

Mt. Thelson

"Old School" PCT Sign in Oregon

Entering the Sisters


Mt. Jefferson

Jefferson Park


Mt. Hood


Mt. Hood



No comments: