Well folks, the clock is ticking and I hope to have two feet on the trail soon! The last 10 days or so have been pretty frantic with getting all my food packaged, plans finalized, and my gear in order. The house looks like a tornado hit- there are hiking related items scattered through-out virtually every room. I still have a couple of loose ends left to tie up but I'm hoping to be in Campo, CA by April 5th at the latest.
After putting in 8-10 hour days just getting things ready I think it will be a relief to finally be on the trail where all my cares will be reduced to the basics like where will I be getting water next and how many miles before I settle down for the night. There's sometimes more to it then that but it's a routine I know and love and it will feel like coming home.
1 comment:
From the map it looks like you’ll be really close to Shaver Lake. For camping it’s a wonderful place for John to park the trailer and as a refueling stop for you. There is a small town to purchase needed items, Camp Edison camp ground has full hook up spots, free electricity in every camp site, real restrooms (a must for me), showers, and a laundry room! We camped there many times in both the tent and in our trailer and loved it. When the girls were really little (tent camping) it was very convenient to have restrooms, showers, and laundry available.
Mostly it seems like a great place for you (if it’s not to terribly far off the trail) and John to be able to hook up and for you to recharge. I would guess you’ve already mapped out all the places that you’ll be stopping and meeting up with John. I just thought I’d mention Shaver lake area and Camp Edison as a possibility. It’s such a lovely place and has everything you’d need relax for a day and reload.
I’m looking forward to following your progress on the trail. Hopefully you’ll be able to add photo’s along the way for those of us to chicken to try such a LONG, LONG hike but would love to see where you’ve been and what great things you’ll see!
Aunt Kris
Post a Comment